Tuesday, July 6, 2010

words 3

6 - WORDS

1. What word can go before "beans", "quartet" and "vest"?

String

2. What toy, when it was first introduced, was called Automatic Binding Bricks?

Lego

3. In the world of DIY, what do the letters ‘MDF’ stand for?

Medium Density Fireboard

4. Which ancient Greek word meant "I’ve found it?

Eureka

5. Which one word means very thin sheet metal, to baffle or thwart, and a blunt sword?

Foil

6. What is the Italian word for a square or marketplace?

Piazza

7. Which word means to gulp down food, to fasten and to break away?

Bolt

8. Sing Sing is located in New York State. What is it?

A PRISON

9. Nancy Astor once said to Winston Churchill “If I were married to you, I’d put poison in your coffee”. Churchill allegedly replied “If you were my wife,---- ---- -----“. Please give the last three words of this famous quote.

I’D DRINK IT
10. What is the Japanese word for “Divine Wind”?

KAMIKAZE

No comments:

Post a Comment